Providing Hope and Restoring Health with Natural, Effective Solutions
Assessments are based on Functional-Integrative Principles
• Osteopathic Assessment and Manipulative Treatment
• Total Health (Wellness) Management--Physical Exams, Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, Age Management (anti-aging) Medicine
• Consultative Services to address chronic disorders
• Food Intolerance Testing (ALCAT)-- Identifies possible causes for poor health, especially chronic problems such as obesity (over 50% of the population in Orange County), immune disorders, fatigue, fibromyalgia and other related illnesses
• Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
• Nutritional Supplements
What is Functional-Integrative Medicine?
Functional-Integrative Medicine seeks to improve healthcare by shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach. It makes use of appropriate therapeutic approaches and evidence-based modalities to achieve optimal health and healing — a philosophy that neither rejects the underlying scientific basis of conventional medicine nor accepts alternative medicine uncritically.
Functional-Integrative Medicine utilizes natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible in the following ways:
• Focuses on prevention, wellness and healing
• Seeks to learn the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented functional approach which engages the patient and physician in a healing relationship through educating, and empowering patients to participate in their own care, and to take responsibility for their own health and wellness.
• Provides patient-centered care that focuses on the whole person, and seeks to strengthen the body’s own innate healing process rather than limit the treatment to only countering symptoms.
• Requires physicians to spend time with their patients, to listen to their histories and assess the factors which can influence long-term wellness and complex, chronic disease, including genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.